Sunday 23 May 2010

Hot, hot, hot!

Got up early today so that I could run before the heat became unbearable! At 6.30am the sun was blazing, but not too hot. I ran up Brockham Hill, a 9% hill climb near the beginning of a 6.75 mile run. It has been a while since I ran up this hill, but I was determined to fit it in this week.

The race pack for the Bupa London 10,000m arrived last week while I was in Paris. It is a very comprehensive pack, even including four safety pins for attaching my race number. The instructions included a brief overview of the course. It mentions the 'one significant climb' which had me panicking, until I checked the route on mapmyrun and saw that this 'hill' is a 2% incline and it doesn't last too long. Round here that counts as 'almost flat!' I get very excited about race packs, and a little nervous too. I love reading all the information, checking out the chip, making sure I have my race number on my kit bag etc. It's the little things that make me happy!

We took the children to see 'Cloudy with a chance of meatballs' this morning, as much to avoid sunburn as anything else, and then out to lunch. I introduced my husband to the joys of shopping at Primark and TK Maxx. A huge bag of tops for him and cheap sunglasses for the children for just £20. We stopped for ice cream on the way home - it really must be summer!

My husband took our eldest daughter out for a run this afternoon, they did try to tempt me to come too but I refrained. My daughter and I are running Race for Life again this summer, and this is the first time she had been out training. She ran for a good 20 minutes, talking all the time (she never stops talking, even in her sleep) so hopefully she'll be alright on the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment