Wednesday 12 May 2010

Hurting hamstrings!

My right hamstring is so, so, tight! When the woman at the beauty salon asked me to lift my leg so she could wax it properly I thought I was going to have to say that she would have to move it herself. I survived, and have lovely smooth legs (and shapely eyebrows) into the bargain.

I've hobbled through the day, stopping to do all sorts of hamstring stretches when I thought no one was looking. It has to get better I don't want to cut down on the running when I am enjoying it so much. Went for a 3 mile run with Stephen this evening. After being dry and sunny (if cold) all day, the rain came down as we left the house. I am not sure how I feel about this running together lark. As soon as he regains fitness he is going to leave me standing. At the moment we bimble along happily enough at a similar pace, although I will admit that I am taking it very easy this week, so the short runs with him are probably a good idea. And it is nice to get out of the house and do something together.

I think I may have a day off tomorrow, although I shouldn't as I am off to Fat Olives in Emsworth for lunch - so will have plenty of calories to burn. I'll have to see how the timings work out. I seem to have lost the knack of getting up early in the morning to go out before the children were awake. That worked OK when I was only running for 30 minutes - but trying to fit an hour or more in at that time of day means I have to get up before I go to bed.

Elder daughter informs me that tomorrow morning is the last of their SATs papers (I am not very up to date on what she is doing when because I am a Bad Mummy) and that they are having a party after they finish. Apparently she has informed the class that she will bring a cake with her.... so she turned up after school with several packets of Smarties (I won't buy them) and demanded that a cake be conjured from the ether! The result is below.

No comments:

Post a Comment