Tuesday 6 September 2011

I knew I needed a run....

...because the last thing I felt like doing was going for a run!

I had a longish run on Sunday (10miles) after running 5 miles on Saturday (3 for parkrun and 2 to collect the car), and then started my new job on Monday. My head is in a spin! So much to remember, and so many meetings have been attended. I think I glazed over for a lot of them. I've only taught two classes so far, and they were quite disjointed as we needed to sort out books, pupils in the wrong lessons, etc. etc. As the week goes on I am hoping to feel more at home in my new lab.

Driving home today I wanted nothing more than to curl up and go to sleep, but I knew that I'd feel better after a run. It didn't help that it was wet and very windy out there, but I got changed and went out. It was amazing how much better I felt for a bit (well rather a lot) of fresh air. One thing about teaching that I hadn't anticipated being an issue, is that one spends all day inside! I'm just not used to that. I ran just over 4 miles and came home in a much better mood!

I was going to blog about BUPA and their races - but that will have to wait for another day (I need my sleep)......

No comments:

Post a Comment